Where does one find the amazing tiramisu from last night's party? That was almost certainly the best of its kind I've ever had in the States, possibly outside of Italy. For that matter, it gave some Italian tiramisu I've had a run for its money.
...I swear I talk about more than just food. Let's see. Basketball? I'm amused at the way the NBA finals are shaping up, but that's mostly because it's fun to watch the teams that were picked months ago to win the whole shebang crash and burn under the pressure.
Hmm, no takers? Literature, then. Hawthorne: Entirely overrated hack, or simply a product of his times?
...I swear I talk about more than just food. Let's see. Basketball? I'm amused at the way the NBA finals are shaping up, but that's mostly because it's fun to watch the teams that were picked months ago to win the whole shebang crash and burn under the pressure.
Hmm, no takers? Literature, then. Hawthorne: Entirely overrated hack, or simply a product of his times?
no subject
Date: 2009-05-27 02:55 pm (UTC)And I like Hawthorne. Well I like the Scarlet Letter. The House of the Seven Gables was incredibly boring.
no subject
Date: 2009-05-27 05:08 pm (UTC)(For the record, I don't trust anyone who doesn't like alcohol or chocolate.)
So do you prefer literature where the characters are doomed from the start?
no subject
Date: 2009-05-27 08:05 pm (UTC)(Well some people can't eat one or both of those items so it's not really their fault.)
No, not always. I mean I enjoy a good character struggle, but not always doomed. I mean it's not a classic classic, but more of a modern classic, but take The Giver. That book is filled with struggle but ultimately ends with hope.
no subject
Date: 2009-05-28 02:08 am (UTC)(Bah. Can't be trusted.)
Hmm. Never read it. Sounds good, though.
no subject
Date: 2009-05-28 02:20 am (UTC)And it's good. It's set in "the future" that seems utopian. There's no sickness, no suffering, no famine, no war, etc. Everyone is equal, there's no race problems or gender inequality really. But the further you get into the book you start to see how this perfect society really isn't. Like I don't want to give it all away. But it's pretty thought-provoking and interesting.
no subject
Date: 2009-05-27 03:44 pm (UTC)no subject
Date: 2009-05-27 03:53 pm (UTC)no subject
Date: 2009-05-27 04:30 pm (UTC)no subject
Date: 2009-05-27 05:11 pm (UTC)(Why yes, Espinosa, I'm calling you out.)
no subject
Date: 2009-05-27 05:33 pm (UTC)no subject
Date: 2009-05-27 05:37 pm (UTC)Unless you want me to beat you with one hand behind my back?
no subject
Date: 2009-05-27 05:38 pm (UTC)no subject
Date: 2009-05-27 05:39 pm (UTC)no subject
Date: 2009-05-27 05:55 pm (UTC)no subject
Date: 2009-05-27 06:01 pm (UTC)(no subject)
From:(no subject)
From:(no subject)
From:no subject
Date: 2009-05-27 06:59 pm (UTC)Okay, I'm getting my buddy Theo over from Israel.
(no subject)
From:(no subject)
From:(no subject)
From:(no subject)
From:(no subject)
From:(no subject)
From:(no subject)
From:(no subject)
From:(no subject)
From:(no subject)
From:(no subject)
From:(no subject)
From:no subject
Date: 2009-05-27 04:07 pm (UTC)Also, Lil is trying to kill me. I'm sure of it.
no subject
Date: 2009-05-27 04:30 pm (UTC)If I wanted to kill you, you'd be dead already. Not my fault you're old and can't hold your liquor.
no subject
Date: 2009-05-27 05:13 pm (UTC)She is rather devious. I'd be careful--now that you've caught on, she's liable to take direct action. And I'm not sure your liver could take it.
no subject
Date: 2009-05-27 06:03 pm (UTC)And no, his liver couldn't. I didn't even hit him with half the shots I wanted to last night considering I still had my pants when things wrapped up.
no subject
Date: 2009-05-27 07:10 pm (UTC)(no subject)
From:(no subject)
From:(no subject)
From:(no subject)
From:(no subject)
From:no subject
Date: 2009-05-27 09:33 pm (UTC)(no subject)
From:(no subject)
From:(no subject)
From:(no subject)
From:(no subject)
From:(no subject)
From:no subject
Date: 2009-05-27 05:08 pm (UTC)no subject
Date: 2009-05-27 05:14 pm (UTC)no subject
Date: 2009-05-27 05:16 pm (UTC)